www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Update 20 JULY 06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Update 20 JULY 06 Reply with quote

Well, It's been a long time since I have updated the fan film with new info, so here it is:

This time of year, we are on hiatus, as trying to film in the suits is too hot. Preproduction continues on the project, with me working mostly on props, and camera control gear.

The Lewis Gun is 90% done and, if all goes well this weekend, I can start to put parts into silicone. Only a few details are left to add, such as barrel bands, and some minor detail bits, a top coat of primer, and some finish sanding.

As soon as the Lewis Gun prop is done, the next prop to finish work on is the DH-17 master. This will be used for making molds from, so extra care is going into this one to make it perfect for replication.

The see-through visors are still a work in progress, but if all goes well this weekend, I hope to have the prototype ready, dyed and all. In addition, I'm working on the X-wing visor molds, and again, if all goes well this weekend, the prototype should be ready for tinting.

A test pull on the Endor commando donut was made, and I think a few more hours working the molds over, and I should have a better version ready to go. This will be a very small run made for the fan film, and for a Rebel costuming club that I have done work with before.

In other prop news, I finished work on my Luke ESB lightsaber hilt. I got a Graflex flash gun some time back, and finally got around to converting it. A pretty easy job, and I'm pretty happy with it. Not 100% accurate, but sort of my interpretation of what I saw on screen. My next weapon prop will be a C-96 Broomhandle mauser converted to an ESB Han Solo blaster. Silicone molds will be made, and resin 'stunt' versions will be made of these as well.

I really need to get all thes projects done so I can finish work on the Halo armor, and get that project put to bed. Then it's the Viper helmets, and the Aliens Colonial Marine helmet project! Then there is the Sandtrooper back pack project, the EPII Clone Helmet, ah the list goes on and on.

Larry is working on some more storyboards so I hope to get started on my portion soon as well. We really need to get this nailed down before we try to start shooting. I guess I need to make this a priority. Anyone who wants to help on the storyboard, just ask!

Heath has been working on the X-wing costume, and has been busy making ammo pouches, and other 'cloth' goods. He has also checked into our group renting a booth at the 'Scare on the Square'. He has some ideas for donations for a good charity, and we need to talk about this as a group the next time we meet. Last year, a photo op would have been a great way to make some charity funds. I'm letting Heath take the lead on this project.

Herb is taking a screenwriting class taught by none other than Joe Lansdale. Herb says he is getting all sorts of great ideas that will help out fan film. Thanks Herb, keep us updated.

Clint Hanna has been working most of the summer out of town, but I did get a phone call from him this past week, and he too is having film production woes on his epic as well.

Clint Fultner has been working on his X-wing helmet, inspired by the helmet designs from Vietnam, his helmet is making great progress. Construciton of his trooper armor is on hold until the Fall.

Lance has been trying to sell his boat, so any water shots we plan will have to be 'plan B' for now. He is also involved with a local band, so I hope we can get some time scheduled together to work on some projects soon.

Well, thats about all for now. We need to think about a production meeting sometime in early August. Burgers, and fries at my house as usual. Maybe we can do some visors, and blasters, and play with the camera control gear then.
Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: