www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Radar Men from the Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Radar Men from the Moon Reply with quote

There was a serial in 1952 called Radar Men from the Moon in which the main character is "Commando Cody" hmmm.... Cody was played by George Wallace. I haven't gotten around to sitting down and watching them all. But the character of Cody has to be the inspiration for "The Rocketeer" and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the inspiration for a certain clone commander in episode III. The story of the serial is that there is a race of beings on the moon and because of the moons thin atmosphere (1952 remember) they are dying and must take over earth to survive. The beings start taking out American military installaions and industrial centers, so Cody and his crew have to go clean house.

check it out - http://www.amazon.com/Radar-Men-Moon-Fred-Brannon/dp/B00009Q4WN/sr=8-1/qid=1158802202/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-0612116-0585637?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know these serials are popular, and have a following, but to be honest, I have never seen them. I watched some old Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon serials from the 30's and 40's, and to be honest, those were hard for me to get into. Funny thing is, Lucas lifted the title scroll for Star Wars, straigh from these serials.

I think I have Radar Men from the Moon [movie compilation] on DVD somewhere. Is that pathetic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ! I own the serial on DVD, so it is impossible for it to pathetic ! Thor has spoken!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: