www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
RFT Costume almost done! 07-07-05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: RFT Costume almost done! 07-07-05 Reply with quote

RFT [Rebel Fleet Trooper] Costume Progress Update

Well, my US Navy chambray workshirts came in [3 for $9.99] and are actually nice for surplus goods. I ordered the cheapo black BDU top and SWAT gray BDU pants. These arrived yesterday and I took little time in removing the sleeves and collar, and getting these ends sewn up. The BDU vest now looks great! I'm real happy with it. The Navy shirts look great too! The SWAT gray pants are a little dark, but will do fine. These are actually really nice street pants.

I had a pair of old East German jackboots left over from my WWII reenacting days, so the boot cost is pretty low. $15 on the surplus market for a used pair is not too bad!

All that is left now to do is finish the helmet, and pistol, add a tan wide belt and make a bib for the shirt. All in all the cost for this costume is pretty low. Less than $80 and includes the boots! If all goes well this weekend, I should have the fleet trooper done!

Factor in the cost of the helmet and blaster pistol, and a whole fleet trooper costume for less than $100 is about as cheap as you will find.

I'll get some pics online as soon as the helmet and blaster are done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: