www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
'I am Legend' fan film "New Legend" Project
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: 'I am Legend' fan film "New Legend" Project Reply with quote

I just wanted to le everyone know about a new film project that is coming up soon: http://www.tk560.com/legendfilm.html

A second fan film, by the same crew that is working on The Last Garrison in association with HannaFilms is tooling up to make an independent version of 'I am Legend' the classic sci-fi/horror story by Richard Matheson. Based on the book, once again, the production will attempt to 'fix' some of the 'so-called' problems with the book, namely the less than acceptable rushed feeling of the last chapter. I always felt that the book was fantastic, but the last chapter seemed rushed, and incomplete, like someone told Matheson, 'hurry up and finish the story'.

Among other things, this is to be a test plastform for new lighting, and camera equipment, and an opportunity for our crew to make a 'zomibe-vampire' flick with a great story. Directed by Clint Hanna, an attempt to make this film in very short order is only part of the challenge. Hanna is also writing the screenplay and is co-producing as well. Principal photography is scheduled for mid-December through the early Spring, with a web release date of late April.

If you have not read the book, 'I am Legend' get a copy from Amazon.com. After reading the book, watch the 'The Last Man on Earth' starring Vincent Price. [BTW that film is now public domain, and can be downloaded for free from here. But look for the restored version in widescreen. Usually available for one dollar at the local dollar store!

Several versions of this story have been made into films, but none have truly captured the feeling of the book. A new big budget Will Smith version is in the works and is due for release in mid 2007.

Follow along with the production of this adaptation film, the working title is 'New Legend'.

Last edited by jegner on Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: New Legend Reply with quote

Hello all! I thought I would stop in and drop a line about what you can look forward to with New Legend for those wise enough to monitor tk560.com! The best page on the web and the place to go for anything fan film/props/movie trivia/ and cool stuff in general.

With our version of the I Am Legend story we will take a more scaled down approach. Not only for reasons of budget and time but to be more faithful to Matheson's story. In all other attempts to tell this story for one reason or another the filmmakers have never captured the Robert characters total isolation and self reliance. I suppose most are fearful of letting an entire movie ride on the shoulders of a single persons performance, unless they are Tom Hanks. I have no such hang up and thats just the way the story is meant to be told. So hang to your seats and stay with us on this journey!
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year! and update Reply with quote

Greetings True Believers!!

Clint Hanna here with your New Legend update! I am currently working on the script and storyboards while beginning to assemble the animatic. I am making my best attempt to be faithful to Matheson's story and create a compelling film. More detail on the script as it develops.

With this film, both the script and the storyboards are just a starting point not an end in themselves. So things are constantly being rethought. The script is for structure, the storyboards for potential camera work and pacing, nothing more.

The film will be action driven. Not in things being blown up or fist fights in the street. But in what Robert does and the choices he makes. His journey. So there will be little dialog and little of the fast slick editing we have become used to these days. There will be long takes without letting film drag and become boring. Sound will be key, but not a way to cover up poor storytelling.

Check back as more video blogs appear and stay with us.
sethb6025
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, best of luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: New Legend update Reply with quote

Sweet Knight its been awhile !

Just wanted to let everyone know that New Legend is STILL in production! We got off to a bit of a slow start due mainly to securing a prime location and an actress. But now I believe we have solved our production woes aside from the assembling of some props. In the coming days, the shooting schedule will be finalized and we will be rolling tape until the end of April and first of May with the film finished by the second week in May. Then it will hit the web and DVD.

Sorry there haven't been any more production video blogs, time just hasn't allowed, we may try to include a behind the scenes feature on the DVD if we have sufficient material.

TK560 and I did accomplish some early filming before Spring Break time and I have done some scoring and working on final script editing.

Wish us luck in the weeks to come.

And look for a one minute teaser trailer first week of May.

Stay Tuned!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Clint and I did a quick read-through of the script. I can't believe he thinks I can act. Shocked Shocked Very Happy Anyways, looks like the end of this month is a hectic schedule for filming. Stay tuned!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just another update, while we wait for Clint to get some 'rough cuts' of the scenes we did over the weekend. He had me working some 20 hours this past weekend. Man, that starts to add up. LOL. Like a fourth job. [I have 3 now!]

Some stills or a trailer should be coming in a few weeks.

Till the next update.

Jim
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick update here:

http://www.tk560.com/legendfilm.html

with a free paper prop from the film:

here is the larger version:

http://www.tk560.com/Fake-Newspaper.png

Only the flashback sequence to shoot, and some voice over work, and I'm done with this project!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wrap!

Filming for the student/fan/independent film 'New Legend' is finished. I did the last of the 'flash-back' sequences and voice over work last night.

Cramming most of the production into about 40 hours, over 2 weekends, was hard work, but fun.

Stay tuned, the world premiere is set for May, 11, 2007.

Expect to see a teaser poster up soon! Pending final approval from the director.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the rough cut of the New Legend, and it's current running time is 38 mins. Pretty good for a rough draft. Some scenes need to be trimmed and the sound track needs work, but it's almost there.

The teaser poster is done, and I might have it ready to post this weekend.

Stay tuned!
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Almost there Reply with quote

As TK560 said, New Legend is now in a rough cut, a refined edit should be done by Monday and the movie close to final cut.

It has been a rapid adventure making this film with no spare time to do production video blogs or anything of the sort.

But also great fun and a great experience.

I would like to thank everyone that contributed to the production of the film. It would not have come together without you and the project would have remained in abandoned pipe dream land.

Special thank you to Matt Tyler! without you being kind enought to allow us to film at your house and dress it up, the project would never have gotten off the ground.

And a special thank you to the TK560 family, without whos time, effort, funding and great meals the production would not have been possible.

As I right this I am preparing to film the final pick up scenic shots for the film and tape will roll for the last time on New Legend.

As one major chapter in my life comes to a close this coming week it is great to go out with a sense of accomplishment.

I will be working hard to produce the best final product possible.

I look forward to feedback when the film hits the web and DVD. In one week!

Thank you all!

-TKThor
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the teaser poster:

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD jacket has been added, along with some stills from the film. Check it out:

http://www.tk560.com/legendfilm.html

Here is the DVD cover:
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks tight Jim, cant wait for the movie. Are there going to be 'autographed by the cast members' DVD's available?
CJ

p.s.
Let Ruth know, shes lookin fine in those stills Very Happy
ok, your lookin good too Jim
cod
Master

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked up the 'I am Legend' phenomenon on wikipedia. Maybe you should try and add an entry there ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: