www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
CMP to offer M1 Carbines Soon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: CMP to offer M1 Carbines Soon Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited to share some CMP new offerings. For March, 2007, the CMP will have a small batch of M1 Carbines. I've been waiting 10 years for the CMP to have some for sale, as I missed out on the last batch. Time to save my pennies, and get ready for some M1 Carbine action! Here is the link to this info:

http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm

EDIT: There has been a delay, and it will now be April 30, before these can be ordered.

EDIT: Price announced, $495 plus shipping.

Last edited by jegner on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Update 1-25-07 Reply with quote

Next official update according to the CMP is Feb 16-18, 2007.

Rumors abound that the CMP got these rifles from the US Army, as returned foreign aid weapons from Italy. Also, rumors claim some 31,000-37,000 rifles.

Orest Michaels the director of the CMP claims it will take well into 2008 to even sort through all the M1 Carbines before they even know what all they have.

No word on grading or pricing... yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2008 eh? Well, that at least gives me enough time to save up some money. After all, I still need to get me an M-1 and a M-1903.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Carbines, are yet to arrive, the M1 Garands are selling out, and the M1903s are almost gone! I can't justify getting another 1903 or 03-A3, but the CMP never did have very many of them to begin with. So if you were wanting to get one before they are gone for sure, that would be they are all gone.

FWIW

Jim
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: CMP M1 Carbine News Reply with quote

Well, from the official site:

Here are the basics:

Most will be service grade rifles.

Inland made about 43% of all carbines during WWII, and the CMP will be offering these Inland made ones starting April 30, not March 1, as previously announced.

These are MAP [Military Assistance Program] returns from Italy. 30,000 in crates of 40. Most are covered in cosmoline and the CMP will have to replaced the bolts and headspace each one. One reason for the delay.

Stocks are stampped with a FAT cartouche.

Ony one per manufacturer per year for now are the purchasing limits. Inlands can be ordered starting on April 30, and the other makers will become availalbe in Sept.

No price has been set, but rumors claim around $350-$550. I hope for the $350 range. Anything more seems too high for these IMHO.

Below are some pics:

Image of the Italian stock markings

Inside the crates.

Receivers less bolts

Box of 40

Shipping crates.

I've been waiting 10 plus years for the CMP to offer these, so I can't help myself for being excited about getting a change to own one.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Price announced! $495 plus $22.95 shipping Reply with quote

Dang, thats too much, but considering the limited supply of these, and the pent-up demand for WWII era shooting arms, thats about par. I guess I'll save my pennies, and spring for one, but I will have to wait a bit longer. I was hoping for a $350 range price on these.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: