www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Sci-fi cheeze for Christmas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Sci-fi cheeze for Christmas Reply with quote

When someone asks what to get me as a gift, I usually say an old cheezy sci-fi DVDs, and this holiday, my wife and kids got me some real gems.

Forbidden Planet 50th Anniversay Edition. I had the previous release of this film, and to be honest, I really did not see that much different between the two prints. That crazy sound track really dates the flick, but thats fine by me. The deleted scenes were fun, and the extra features were nice. It comes with The Invisible Boy, a film I have not seen, but showcases Robby the Robot, along with a few other cameos. I'm actually excited about getting the free movie poster with this set! A small statuette of Robby comes in the tin.

Also, I got The Beginning of the End, basically a rip off of Them!, this time with Peter Graves, and giant grasshoppers. Ok to only fair, FX, and the gimic to destroy them was fun. I vaguely remember this film as a kid.

Target Earth, a typical cold war paranoia film, about a deserted city, strange robots, and a group of people trying to stay one bar ahead of the deadly menace. Reads more like a Twilight Zone story rather than a feature film I guess because it is based on the story The Deadly City" by Paul Fairman.

The 4-D Man, was another flick, that was pretty good, but that 1959 jazz sound track really makes this one hard to watch with a straight face. I loved this one as a kid, and it brings back some fond memories. Robert Lansing, Lee Meriwether were geat!

And finally, The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, rounds out my latest additons to my DVD collection. I remember watching this and freaking out what he does at the end. Still well acted, and the FX aren't all that bad. Ray Milland did a fantastic job acting as the tormented Dr. James 'X'avier. One of Roger Corman's best.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: