www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Custom Capes for Action Figures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Action Figure Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Custom Capes for Action Figures Reply with quote

OK, I like to paint up JLU action figures to look like my guys from the City of Heroes Video game.

Anyway, I want to get capes for them. And the only figures that have capes are Superman, Batman, and J'on, and they will not do. I bet I could craft them, but what should I craft them out of? I was thinking of looking for thin sheets of rubbery vinal, but paint coming off is always an issue. Anyone have any ideas?

This is the one I am working on right now. So its not a solid color cape.
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking over it, I thought maybe making a clay version, and then cast it in some kind of rubber or something. But I have no idea what matterial to cast it out of.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what sort of scale are you talking about here? 1/6th or 12-inch figures, or are they smaller?

Most of the collectible statuettes of anime or super hero characters are an injection molded plastic. For the GIjOE, vintage action soldier line from the 1960's a cloth cape would work.

Vinyl along with your design, and a vinyl sign cutter would work, for the design in the previous post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustoleum makes vinyl paint for automotive interiors. But it only comes in black, tan, or white. So if you have a yellow vinyl cape, you can add black striping, flames, etc...

Of course, upon seeing this thread I immediately thought of The Incredibles and Edna Mode's comment "NO CAPES!!!!"

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Action Figure Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: