www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Darktrooper Progress thread (Pic intensive!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubachris85x
Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an FYI, I'll be getting back onto this after this following weekend (Mega con) so that I will see how far I can get. I would have like to have been able to get it finished for Star Wars Weekends, but that would be pretty ambitious given my track record..thanks for the patience...

-TC
Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!

Fiberglass reinforcement is complete. Gotta wait for it to cure but that's ok. I'll begin bondoing hopefully soon as well. Looks nasty right now, but it'll look pretty soon enough. Big thanks to my buddy Anthony for coming all the way down to help!!

Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started sanding the helmet today. Haven't started the bondo work but I've got an industrial size thing of it waiting to be cracked open. It's going ok for now, focused on the face today, but it's gonna take time. Cut the eyes out but don't have all of my dremel bits to get the rest, so it looks kinda goofy at the moment. Gonna start bondo tomorrow...

-TC
Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent considerable time today, though the results for the day's work is minimal. I do miss my mouse sander. Got this far by hand, but it shows that it works so far, but is just going to take along time. I'm not a "bondo ranger" like I've seen others so I'm feeling the "pain" already lol

Anyways, focusing on the dome for now. I noticed that there is bump on the helmet that is the remnants of a particular expanding foam incident years ago when I first built the model. I'm going to need to correct this, but I'll require a power sander to make significant headway. Otherwise, I'm going to just keep building up and sanding till it gets there..

Thanks..

-TC
Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not posting as much since this phase is just bondo after bondo work. I was able to borrow a mouse sander and a dremel from a friend which helped out a lot! Before slathering more bondo on today, it was actually really looking good considering how it looked when I started. At this point, the majority of it is looking good, but I'm focusing on filling out and leveling/evening out particular areas as well as forming the dome's rim to make it more defined and get that "polygonal" look taken out and brought into a real world round look.

Also mad the eyes look less goofy. Still need to get my needle files though to get the remainder out. Thanks for your patience!

-TC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: