www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
What are you using as an air filter for your vac pump???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plasticman
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: What are you using as an air filter for your vac pump??? Reply with quote

I have already clogged my robinair with bad moist air fom the hot water heater tank. could have been from the hand lotion I was using to demold as well. Anyway what are you using as an air filter.

Where are you getting you vacuum pump oil from? What kind of oil are you using???
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Gast 1065 pump came with an air filter which looks like this:

After a long day of melting plastic, there's plenty of liquid in the bottom to be dumped out! Also, you may want to create a "drip loop" in your vac hose to collect moisture as you are running. Be sure to empty it out after your session.

http://www.gastmfg.com/pdf/OM/65_series_lubricated_om.pdf
Here's the Owner's Manual with exploded parts diagrams. On page 5, they list everything for the 1065, and I think you need part 20, Intake Filter Assembly, old Gast part number AA800C

You can order Gast parts from RG Group in Pennsylvania, or from a more local distributor in your area:
http://www.gastmfg.com/distribution.html

I also purchased the official Gast recommended pump oil, AD220, but they say you can substitute a high detergent 10W motor oil. I think regular compressor oil would do just as well, since it's the same motion (pulling vacuum or pushing pressure) through the pump.

Charlie
TI-386
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: