www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
sold

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harley guy
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: sold Reply with quote

iam selling my 2 air cylinders,4 cylinder mounting brackets,1 air regulator controller,6 airline connectors and 2 airline splicers and airline hose.it is a awesome set up for a over-under design table.the retail for all of it is $250.00,iam selling it all for $125.00,and 20.00 shipping.they are basically brand new.the air cylinders are 27 inches long with a 24 inch stroke.here are the pics of the equipment and a pic of it on a table.if your interested in purchasing.email me.thanks[img][/img][img][/img]

Last edited by harley guy on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DANG I'M TEMPTED!!! But I'm now leaning towards the flip-flop design again, due to a reported faster production rate over the under/over set-up. Oh, the agony of making decisions!! Shocked
harley guy
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've got a few questions on their operation. You mentioned the regulator valve is connected to an air compressor. What PSI is needed to raise them up?

What makes them come back down? Is it gravity due to the air bleeding out of the cylinders, or are they a "double action" type of cylinder?

Do they come down with enough pressure to hold the plastic down on the table as your pulling the plastic, or do you need to help push down on the frame?

I'm thinking about building a bigger vac table for some Star Trek models, and these pistons would certainly help!

Thanks for offering these up!

Charlie

Quote:
You mentioned the regulator valve is connected to an air compressor. What PSI is needed to raise them up?

ok your air compressor has a regulator on it,that is used for setting the air flow to your cylinders.its used to set the speed,of how fast you want your cylinders to move up or down.only need 40-90 psi to run.you wont need 90 psi,because they will be to fast.ok then u connect the air line from your compressor to the air release valve(shown in pic).this valve has 3 postions up,down,nuetral.so u can raise lower or stop it at any point,and it will stay thier.
Quote:
What makes them come back down? Is it gravity due to the air bleeding out of the cylinders, or are they a "double action" type of cylinder?

Do they come down with enough pressure to hold the plastic down on the table as your pulling the plastic, or do you need to help push down on the frame?

to make them move up or down or stop.u just pull up or down on the lever of the relase air valve, or leave in the middle for nuetral.they are a 3 action cylinder.no need for touching the frame.these cylinders are way strong enough to hold down your frame,or to rasie it. 1 cylinder would work if you could rasie from the center of the frame.hope this answers your questions.if you have more let me know.ill answer them.
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sold!

Now I just need to build the garage / workshop, build a bigger table (with my friend that just started welding as a hobby Smile) buy an air compressor, order larger plastic... then I'll be ready to take over the world! Or at least melt plastic over it Laughing

Shoot me a PM with your PayPal account address, and I'll get a payment off to you right away!

Thanks Harley Guy, you rock!

Charlie
TI-386
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
harley guy
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold.thanks charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: