www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
One big hole platen with removable gaskets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drcrash
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: One big hole platen with removable gaskets Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of my current one-big-hole platen.

It's just an MDF board with a hole in it, a 3/4" galvanized floor flange attached at the hole, with wood screws & silicone, and a removable gasket on a tape-down sheet.

The gasket is self-stick weatherstrip, miter cut most of the way through at the corners, then bent at the remaining 1/8" and glued together with silicone. This particular gasket-holding tape-down sheet is made from a plasticized paper wipe-off calendar. (A blank calendar you fill in yourself with dry erase pens.) Normally I'd use a piece of flimsy plastic, but this was too big (20") for the thin-enough flat plastic I had lying around.

Here it is set up on a couple of TV tray tables, with the flange in between so that I can run the hoses to the vacuum system. (The table behind it will hold the hot-plate-and-aluminum-pans-oven.)

Tired of buying cheap plastic crap? Now you can make your own! www.VacuumFormerPlans.com
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! Be sure to photo shoot you working it!

Keep us updated on it's progress!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: