www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Urban Outfitters is now selling GIjOEs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Action Figure Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Urban Outfitters is now selling GIjOEs Reply with quote

First there was Hot Topic, selling repo GIjOEs, now Urban Outfitters is selling them too.

Check it out:

http://search.urbanoutfitters.com/exec/?cartpost=0&query=gi+joe

and here is a review with pictures over at the Beachhead:

http://beachhead.tibranch.com/page9.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AlterEgos
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, you really should get out more... this is old news by about 3 months! Laughing

But seriously, there is talk that the UO figure is also poping up in Hot Topic stores on the West Coast. It may be only a matter of time before they are seen in other HT stores across the country. Btw, UO is also selling the HT figure, too... check their web site.

I liked the Land Adventurer that Hot Topic put out (I bought 2), but the Air Adventurer that Urban Outfitters is selling just doesn't make the cut... the dayglow eyebrows and wrong uniform just killed it for me. Crying or Very sad On the up side, at least he comes with the correct pistol. Rolling Eyes
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

I agree, the UO figure is not that great, but I have other plans for him. A reflock, and redress, as I have a couple of orange jumpers in near mint shape. I agree, the UO is not as nice as the Hot Topic, but hey, it's a classic GIjOE, sold like there were back in the 1970's.

I gotta love that!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AlterEgos
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Even though I'm not purchasing a UO Joe, I hope he sells as well as the HT Joe did, cuz' I would like to see more 70s style Joes hit the shelves at that price.

Unfortunately, Hasbro is still sucking on the sour grapes from the "40th Anniversary" and "Timeless Collection" lines, so I doubt we'll see a resurgence of our beloved childhood Adventure Team. Crying or Very sad
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I thought the 40th Anniversary sets was very well done, and as I can find them I've picked up many of the sets. Still, I wish they had broken them into individual parts, not sold as whole sets. Shocked Well, the 40th Action Man line seem alive and well. I picked up the Green Beret set, and it's pretty nice. The AM is actually a really nice version of the vintage figure. A bit more pink, and the hard hands appear to be from the Timeless molds, but the markings are on the back, not butt. Also, the face is different. And the boot are not as accurate as the Joes. Funny, they used a soft matte rubber, and a different mold. I wonder if they used different mods altogether, or even reused some vintage ones? The AM line ran well into the late 1980's before General Mills killed the whole company.

Hmmm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Action Figure Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: