www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Virginia Tech School Shooting 4-16-07

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Virginia Tech School Shooting 4-16-07 Reply with quote

Tragic.

My heart goes out to those families who lost their loved ones, and to those that were injured.

Here is a timeline of events:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266526,00.html

Some serious questions need to be asked.
How does a foreign national get two guns?

Why did the Campus not shut down after the first shooting? Two hours earlier?

If the school is gun-free zone, how did this happen?

What can be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening again?

Society is in the sink and we are circling the drain.

Last edited by jegner on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tubachris85x
Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that has been buggin me about what happend, is where was the campus security during all this? They said they tried to warn them through email????? They seriously thought that email was effective enough DESPITE the fact that email was 2 hours late??? There are ALOT of ignored preventive measures that could have been taken in this situations.

Initial shock and element of surprise freeze people from making any action causing them to become easy targets, but im amazed that he was able to get through 30 people before he had to shoot himself to end it all. I find this shooting quite disturbing and horrifying that shows how reality really is. If this one ass-hole can get through the way he did, imagine what other people can do. Im pretty sure theirs some criminals and even terrorists looking at this, saying to themselves, "oh, why didnt I think of that?"

If this was so easy for this guy to do what he did, just imagine how much worse it can get. When it comes to my personal safety and security, the only person you can trust these days, is yourself, not school officials who say its "safe" to stay in the classroom where a maniac is running loose carrying to glock 9 mils. Another thing is how was he able to chain the doors without being noticed? Im sure someone could have stoped him then, because obviously he wouldnt have been capable to hold the guns, aim at someone and fire at someone well enough to kill them all while chainning the doors..

If I knew that either way I was gonna get shot and killed, I would have tried to do something about it, not cower and wait for him to find me.

-tubachris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: