www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New Legend update 5-12-07
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: New Legend update 5-12-07 Reply with quote

Due to some technical glitches with the streaming version, a slight delay in releasing it on the server was unavoidable. As a sneak peek, here is a 320x240 version hosted on TK560.com's sister site:

http://www.imperial-armor.com/newlegend320.mov

You will need Quicktime installed, and broadband connections to view. A larger version is in the works, but due to some conversions issues, this is still being worked on.

Stay Tuned!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, links not working either??
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Files still uploading. Looks like a 64mb for the 320x240, and ??? for the 640x480. When they get to the server, the link should work then.

Stay tuned!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry,
I guess I jumped the gun......patience is a virtue (I need to work on that virtue I think)
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link still says:

Page not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP 404 - File not found
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the link now. You may have to refresh your browser to get it to reload the page. Right now, the 320x240 version is the only one loaded on the server, as I'm having some issues with the 640x480 version. Clint needs to get me a final version as an AVI, something my computer does not like making without some glitches.

Still working on it.

Jim
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work!

I love the tire squeal on the dirt and the cameo by the vac table platen. Classic! There may not be any power, but Robert Neville can still pull storm trooper armor Razz

Although I'm not familiar with the original story, and I wasn't even 1 year old when Omega Man came out, I do like your treatment. I gather from your previous comments, the ending has a little more of a twist than the original. I like it!

I've uploaded the video to my site, and feel free to direct folks to it as a mirror:
http://www.tk386.com/newlegend320.mov

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie!

I appreciate your feedback, and willingness to host a mirror site. I'm going to try and rip the DVD at work, and get a smaller version. Usually I can get a decent rip, but for some reason, and I don't know why, this one is giving me all sorts of issues.

I'll get the fan film page updated with your mirror link!

Thanks again!

Jim
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split the dowload up, as folks were having some issues with the large file:

Here are the Part 1 and 2 downloads, each about 32.5mb

New Legend part 1 http://www.tk560.com/NewLegend320Part1.mov about 33mb

New Legend part 2 http://www.tk560.com/NewLegend320Part2.mov about 33mb
drcrash
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, Jim!

How does it feel to be a movie star?

Tired of buying cheap plastic crap? Now you can make your own! www.VacuumFormerPlans.com
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY!!! I finally got around to watching that the other night.... DANG, I wish I lived nearby to work on that project! It appears you are using some quality cameras, the cinematography is pretty decent!

I loved it when you had Herb all tied up & you holding that bundle of garlic over him... smell it...SMELL IT!!!, then that "recollection" scene of him getting into your truck, and that look on his face while he's nodding!!! Laughing

I think the "new society" thing is pretty wild! Those two "ghouls" talking about the "children" being afraid (of you) is going to make for an excellent plot!!

I REALLY liked the music you used for the closing credits, too! What / Who was that? I should send you a bunch of MP3 files that you could slice and dice for a sound track... I have around 4,000 of them on the computer ranging from "angry white male" thrash-music, techno, easy- listening, country, and EVERYTHING in between.

Kudos to you and your crew!!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony and Paul for the positive feedback on the New Legend project. I can not take credit for another man's work, so I will pass the kudos on to Clint Hanna, aka TKThor on the board.

Clint wrote the script, directed, shot and edited the production, most of which was done over a 2 weekend period. I did the props, some costumes, and helped with overall production including the Canon XL-1 cameras, Bogen Manfrotto Tripods, track dolly, and some Lowel lights In additon, getting top billing as the main character. I'm still not sure how Clint talked me into doing that. LOL.

I think Clint is working on a cleaned up version with some audio tweaks over the next couple of weeks. Some scense were rushed, and some audio needs tweaking.

The music is a real hodge-podge, but the Chris Daughtry 'Crash' track is a favorite, and I think works great with the last scenes and credits.

Thanks again for the positive feedback!

Jim
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jegner wrote:

I think Clint is working on a cleaned up version with some audio tweaks over the next couple of weeks. Some scense were rushed, and some audio needs tweaking.

Ahh, that is what I sensed while watching the movie. In the beginning, the audio was great - very spatial and smooth. No pops, or weird background sound changes when the camera POV changed. However, in the last half it seemed to be more rough.

Getting the project done in two weekends is incredible! I've got tons of projects (and ideas) that have never come anywhere near completion. So finishing the work under the deadline is something to be very proud of!

Charlie
TI-386
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sethb6025
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing, last night I started reading "I Am Legend" and I see Jim in my head as the main character. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed the newest quicktime and then downloaded the full version.
nothing works. Mad
do i need to spend the $30 to install the professional quicktime in order to watch this or what?
i don't understand this at all.
do i need to watch it in the two parts?
is the link busted?

-------------------------------------------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: