www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Vacuum Sorce I Recomend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fast_monte
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Vacuum Sorce I Recomend Reply with quote

I have built a vacuum form machine and I uses the pump unit off of a Campbell Hausfeld WL6110 compressor like this one .

I am sure that Campbell Hausfeld does not condone or recommend doing this so proceed at your own risk.

I took the factory intake filter and replaced it with a disposable spray gun filter. It is important that you use a filter to prevent contaminants from entering the pump. You will have to use a ½” PT to ¼” PT reducer bushing. You do not need to use the tank, just open the tank drain so that the pump does not have to incur the extra load of building pressure. The unit I have pulls 24 inches of mercury quite quickly. That is enough vacuum to crush anything but the most sturdy molds. My machine is 19” X 13”, but I think that it will work for the larger 24” X 48” machine that I will be building.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: