www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Fan Film Update 8-24-05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Fan Film Update 8-24-05 Reply with quote

Well, this has been a hectic past few weeks for me, but I wanted to remind everyone about this Saturday's film day. This time, we should have some fun. Instead of another test shoot, Herb and I decided to shoot a complete film in 2 hours. This is a Herb movie concept, and I think it will be a lot of fun. This will debut the new Rebel Fleet Troopers in complete costume, and I think we will have at least 2, maybe 3 if Heath can pull his costume together. [Heath, I have an extra helmet and boots if you need to borrow them!]

Since the weather is working against us, we need to film as early in the day as possible, so I've asked that we meet at my place around 7:30am. We should be done by 11. If its raining all bets are off.

It looks like we will have an extra stormtrooper costume available. Coy can't make it, but I still have his armor, and I have finished the stunt set of armor, and it's ready to go. All we need is an extra set of black under suits, and boot and we can have 2 more troopers. I've asked Larry to invite one of his other sons to fill one of the suits, so if you know of anyone who wants to get hot and sweaty, and will fit into the armor, let me know!

I think I can fake a couple of extra sets of boots, but I need to test these first. They are scuba diving booties. Made of Neoprene, these will work great for the water scenes, but need to be colored white. I'll try to do this over the next couple of days. Herb has a pair of low cut boots that might work as well. Also, if you can wear size 10D, CA boots has some for $35. They have a flaw, but should be fine for trooper purposes. Email me for details.

Herb, I have your RFT blaster almost ready to roll. I was really hoping to get a 3rd blaster done but I'm not sure thats going to happen before the film day. I'll try, but I'm cutting this real close. If I take Friday off, then this might happen. Heath, do you have a Fleet Trooper blaster?

Not much progress has been made towards the track and dolly, although I did get some 2 inch angle iron, so I hope in the next few weeks, to get the dolly made, and buy some PVC pipe for the track. By the NEXT film day, we should have the track ready to go.

As for the script, I'm still working on a rough draft, and Larry has been working on a storyboard for the opening sequence. It looks great, and I'll soon get these panes up on the site I promise, just as soon as we get school started. Larry, hows the matte painting coming along? I know you are busy getting ready for your one man show, are these going to be in it?

Coy has his 8th wedding anniversary this weekend, so wish him a good one, and let him know we miss having him at the shoot. I really need to get him in costume! Maybe for the Sept. shoot.

As for the next shoot, we need to look at the calendar, and decide when a good time will be.

Well, thats about it, I hope everyone can make it to this Saturday's, film day. Herb, Heath and I will be changing costumes, and Herb will be directing. Randy will be filming so this will be a good practice for everyone!

Be sure to bring plenty of water, even early in the day the temp will be in the 80's and 90's by the time we finish.

TTYL

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: