www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Ripley and Hicks would be very impressed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Ripley and Hicks would be very impressed! Reply with quote

Jim's Famous!

Well, at least he's been quoted down in Australia for his work on creating a magnificent replica Aliens Pulse Rifle:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2007/06/m41a_pulse_uber_rifle_recreate.html

And the link to Jim's page detailing the construction:
http://www.tk560.com/m41a.html

Nice work Jim!

Charlie
TI-386

Last edited by crashmann on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sethb6025
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved, congrats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I saw where http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/ was going to start selling replicas. Funny thing, they are using a cropped version of my pic for one of their Pulse Rifle teaser images. Shocked

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/teaser3.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha-ha! Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery?!?

My friend Mike and I have encountered a similar situation with Hasbros upcoming Sandtrooper action figure release. RebelScum has intercepted a purported cardback:

Which just happens to be the same picture I took of Mike's fantastic armor at Sandy Point State Park:

After much discussion and debate on our local board, we decided to not make a stink. Yes, we could jump up and down and claim copyright violation and demand lots of money, but then Hasbro would just change to an officially approved and licensed image from LucasFilm. Besides, this probably isn't even the real cardback - You can't trust those rebels! Furthermore, wouldn't it be cool to see your armor hanging on a peg in the toy store?!?

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sethb6025
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have missed this one Charlie;

What is up though with companies stealing images to use as a "prototype" of a product they are selling? MR has done it dozens of times and it seems to be fairly pervasive especially with movie replicas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've seen several 'absconded' images mined from the web, that end up being used for product. Talk about cheap photography sources for a product line. I guess great fan photography is a weird way has become imortalized. Great photography by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: