www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Official "I Am Legend" movie trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubachris85x
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Official "I Am Legend" movie trailer Reply with quote

Found this. Looks mighty interesting...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/large.html

-tubachris

Last edited by tubachris85x on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!

I was in New York in September last year working on a Saturday morning computer network upgrade, and at 7:00am after walking out of my hotel, there were a bunch of streets closed down. Young kids on the corners with radio headsets (production assistants) said it was for a high speed chase scene for a Johnny Depp film. I was a little dubious, and didn't find anything on IMDB.

The vehicles parked on the sides of the streets were weathered to the point where you could not see through the windshields, and had seaweed and dirt gathered up around the tires.

I wish I had a window washing squeegee Laughing

There were also distressed Christmas decorations hung from the light poles and one lying in the street.

They were using a black Mercedes SUV with a camera jig mounted on the roof. All of the lights were covered with black gaffers tape, and the vehicle was painted flat black (so it wouldn't show up in the reflection of the vehicle being filmed).

They had four red Mustangs with white stripes for the shoot. One was actually being used for the shot, and two were being worked on with their hoods raised. I don't know what you would need to adjust in the engine compartment of a brand new 2007 Mustang, but apparently they needed some tweaking.

They had a light box on the passenger side of the Mustang at the bottom of this picture for the interior close up shots. You can also see spare rims, and the VIP seats.

The "high speed run" didn't even exceed 50 miles per hour Rolling Eyes

So, after all these months, I've been dying to know what movie was being shot. And now I know it is "I Am Legend." Thanks TubaChris!

Of course, you can't say you've been to new York City without the gratuitous Empire State Building photo Razz

Today, I went to the movies to see Transformers for the second time. They showed the trailer for "The Invasion" It's about time they re-did "Invasion of the Body Snatchers!" Another movie from my childhood that I barely remember, but certainly left an impression. This new version with Nicole Kidman looks pretty good, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the scenes shot in Washington DC (where I work). They even show the real DC subway train (we call it the Metro) - Of all the movies shot in DC, I have never seen any of them using the real Metro. Very cool!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/theinvasion/trailer1/

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...
my computer won't let me watch that, either! Crying or Very sad

-------------------------------------------------------

sethb6025
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool! Nice shots Charlie, hopefully the movie is good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: