www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
1:16 or 1:18 Action Figure Accessories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Action Figure Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: 1:16 or 1:18 Action Figure Accessories Reply with quote

I am trying to find some swords for my custom made action figures. They are 4.5 inch tall, so about 1:16 scale. I think 1:18 would work, but I can not seem to find any toys out there that have these parts. I found a site for replacment guns and things, but no swords. =( Anyone know of anyplace like that?
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a pic next to a ruler?

I might know a board memeber that makes scale weapons.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a ruler in any of my images yet, but here is an idea of what I am talking about:

The cut sections are a little over 2" tall. Maybe 2.25".

Also your normal GI Joe or Starwars Action figure is about 3.5" tall or 1:18 scale.

I found a toy called a stikfa, and one is a knight with a two handed sword. I ordered one to see if it will do. The stikfa are 3.3" tall.
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to offer some help, having made some 1/6 scale swords in the past. This would simply be about half that scale. What are you looking for, in particular?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint F. wrote:
I might be able to offer some help, having made some 1/6 scale swords in the past. This would simply be about half that scale. What are you looking for, in particular?

Basiclly I am looking for a one handed Excalabler like sword, a Two headed Battle axe (one handed), and a bow. I have some stuff on order and I should be getting it sometime this week, so I will keep you upto date. if the parts are the right size/scale then i will just have to make some copies of them for my own uses. I actually emailed the manufacture and asked if they could just sell me the accessories, but they said no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Action Figure Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: