www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Pictures of my first scratch built PVC E-11 blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Pictures of my first scratch built PVC E-11 blaster Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I have been nothing short of amazed and TOTALLY inspired by the talent I have seen on this web site, and I just wanted to show you all my very first PVC scratch built E-11 and display stand.

It's built from the ANH templates, with a few personal modifications. I made the magazine and magazine well from the flat parts of PVC square to round gutter downspout adapters (from Home Depot). All plastic pieces were epoxied using “Plastic Fusion” (from Home Depot)

The rear end cap is a standard PVC end cap that I cut down, shaped and sanded to match a real Sterling end cap.

The folding stock is fully functional and is based on the templates (and a LOT of reference photos of the real thing), however I made the rails from a single piece of 3/4” x 1/8” aluminum flat stock for better strength, rather than two pieces riveted together that NEVER seemed to work on a functioning folding stock, the scope rail is made from this as well.

I used a piece of 1/2" EMT conduit, a cut down coduit coupling, and a template cut piece of thick guage sheetmetal to form the rest of the stock. I oxy-acetylene welded the buttplate

The scope and Hengstler counter box are resin casts that I bought from my friend Jegner's web site, www.TK560.com . The power cylinders are wood doweling cut to length with plastic end caps that I get from work in abundance. I know they are not “cannon accurate” but I think they are close enough and look pretty good actually.

The pistol grip is cut from some hardwood lying around in my workshop. I hand carved the handgrips, trigger and safety lever from hardwood. I know the hand grips aren’t “cannon accurate”, but I wanted to exaggerate the detailing for a better visual appearance.

The barrel vent ribs are rubber “t-rails" and are sold by the foot from, www.blast-tech.com . I made the front and rear site guards from aluminum sheet metal, although I’m not going to use it again for this as it can get bent/crushed to easily... yes I dropped it once and had to practice my metal crafting skills!

This prop took me a fair bit of time to get it right, due to Research & Development, but now I’m making a batch of four at a time, and collectively they aren’t taking NEAR the amount of time this single piece did! I'm working out a plan to build an E-Web blaster cannon with a strobe light in the muzzle next! Anyway enough blathering, hope you like my work!

TK4063

Last edited by Stomper on Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That looks great! Nice function, and a nice stand! Glad those parts would work.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: