www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
update on larger stormtrooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Imperial-Armor.Com Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chefhawk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers paul. I will make the adjustments tonight. It shouldnt be too hard to cut the clay off and transfer it across to the right arm.

Thanks again. Ill have to take you for a some pints sometime.

cheers matey
Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem mate!

I know how hard it is when you are trying something like this. I had to do it on my own and it's my pleasure helping anyone out from lessons I learned the hard way.

Hey I'll be at MEM next month if your going? Can meet up for a chat Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chefhawk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to have a chat and a pint, but i wont be in the uk at the time...unfortunately.

next time your anywhere in the midlands or worcestershire give me a shout and we could meet for a beer and a chat.

Thanks again for all of your help soo far, its very much appreciated.

cheers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul!
Good to see you on the board. Chefhawk, Prop Master Paul is the final word in all things ANH trooper armor. He know's his stuff. Paul, can you post some pics of your armor? Quite simply, Paul, aka, ANH Trooper's armor is the best, spot on a dead ringer for the movie suits. To call his fan made is an injustice, IMHO. Wish my armor looked half as good as his. How many years have you been refining your molds? I'm going on year 3. LOL. And you started yours long before me!

Good to see you on the board, Paul! [His old RPF handle was PropMasterPaul IIRC]

Jim

BTW, remember that super long RPF thread on vacuum forming? Gone now. Ah, those were the days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim Very Happy

Yeah it's been a while since I started this project, and it's not over yet Laughing 8 years now I reckon Shocked

That RPF thread was great and had lots of nice machines, as well as a tonne of info on vaccing. It's a shame it has disappeared.

I'll start another thread with some suit's I have made for people.

-Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woa!

hey paul!

saw those molds of yours on jim's site... VERY NICE WORK. i like the conservativeness of the amount of MDF used per mold, you use as little as possible, and sand down as little as possible!

NICE!!

an welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK 109 wrote:
woa!

hey paul!

saw those molds of yours on jim's site... VERY NICE WORK. i like the conservativeness of the amount of MDF used per mold, you use as little as possible, and sand down as little as possible!

NICE!!

an welcome!

I think you are getting Paul confused with Phil G. Phil does the MDF molds, and Paul makes them with a hot melt material. IIRC.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Alex, but I have been around here since day 1 Laughing

I initially used the hot melt rubber to make moulds of my sculpts, just as Ian is doing here. Once I had cast them in plaster and formed over them, I filled the formings with body filler and they are solid Wink Still reworking the moulds....always will until they are indistiguishable from the real deal!

Now back to our scheduled programme....take it away Ian Very Happy
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

sorry, man............................

Embarassed

hehe.....

-------------------------------------------------------

chefhawk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul so sorry for the delay in any updates but ive had manflu, which as you know is twice as bad as bird flu!.
I havnt molded these yet as i wanted to check with you first if they were right in their configiration?

cheers mate

chef
Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's coming on nicely!

Take your time mate...no need to rush to post updates. I know what it's like when you have made progress and want to show off but it's all about putting the effort into your moulds...we can wait Wink
DarthVader1
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers to those who are contributing to this topic, and a job well done.

Question to all....when you mentioned in the topic "LARGER" Stormtrooper, are we talking about TALL or "BIG-BONED" (chubby, fat, overweight, etc.) trooper???? BTW, sorry if I offend anyone for the description, but I need clarification.

Purpose of the question is, as we all know, not everyone could fit in a regular FX TK armor. I fit just nicely, but being married, there are some areas of my body that grows with time, minus exercise, plus the couch. Very Happy

I would like to see a more wider version for the thigh (femural...in case I've misspelled) pieces specially, and probably some Bicep armor, bigger and ACCURATE ones for those who likes to go to the gym......not me, though. Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chefhawk
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your question.
basically im 6 foot 6" tall and in proportion.
Ive tried on an fx but nothing fitted so ive taken the challenge to try and make myself a set of hopefully acurate armor.
Its taking ages as life seems to get in the way alot.
Currently im working on a trooper helmet. Im fairly happy but the nuances are causing me a headache.
Ultimately im doing this for me,but if i feel its any good then i will sell a few bits on (not to make profit)

This is still an ongoing project.

cheers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! The helmet is looking great! A few tips to help you out, if you don't mind.

The original helmets were not symetrical. The right hand side eye's lower lid bulges out, and the left hand side kind of sinks in slightly. Also there are 3 teeth, and 4 teeth options, depending on if you plan to make a 'Hero' or a stunt helmet. Also, if I were you I'd add some meat to the area above the brow, so assembly will be easier. You might want to take some extra material and make a 'santa beard' for the chin. A part you can take off while demolding.

Just some thoughts.

Jim
chefhawk
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jim, thats very helpfull.

Im still working on it and finding faults.

ill post up some more pictures when ive got a minute,
Thanks again for your help.

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Imperial-Armor.Com Q&A All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: