www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Accurate Helmet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Accurate Helmet? Reply with quote

found it on eBay (of course)

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-HELMET-PROJECT_W0QQitemZ140173634028QQihZ004QQcategoryZ37887QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i like the looks of it, but is it accurate, can you tell?

it's in my price range, but i keep looking at it and thinking, "that looks off..."

is it worth it?

thanks Smile

-------------------------------------------------------

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda pricey for a fibeglass helmet. IMHO. Keep looking for a vacuum formed kit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotcha, good call.

ok, thanks!

i thought it kinda looked like my rubie's helmet a little, but.....

the ears are kinda small, too, and he only accepts cash! Sad

oh well, cheap, but not quality, go with the vacuum-formed stuff!

thanks Very Happy

DarthVader1
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to throw it at anyone elses face, but this is just IMO......Not exactly accurate. True to come first, from an "almost expert" TK costumer....BTW...the current FX armor is NOT accurate at all...but useful.

First thing to look on an accurate helmet, is the wave or "lift" on the lower edge of the right eye. The "bag-under-the-eye" on the left side sits lower than the right, making the the right eye smaller in size than the left. The original cast doesn't have the forehead BRIM, as in the auction shows. Even though, that auction seems to be built in a ONE PIECE, ready to paint and almost to wear.

The REAL helmets (at least in ESB and ROTJ, I would say...don't know much about ANH), were made of actual ABS plastic, built in four parts (just like the GF version): Top and back together, face mask, and the two "ear" assemblies to cover the gaps in between the two big pieces. Then added the forehead trim and assembled by two screws at the ears area.

Trust me, I own one of those "close-to-original" pieces.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right!

indeed, the F/X is INACCURATE, but i kinda have a shoe-string budget (a little Shocked ), and a HIGH QUALITY helmet simply isn't in my price range. if i could find a high quality, cheap, AVAILABLE helmet, that would be sweet.

eBay helps. on occation it has great stuff, but the sellers only list them unfairly high, and they still sell fast.

tough business, this is.

if i could buy it directly from the manufacturer, instead of it being from someone else, who bought it from this guy, who got it from this guy, etc, i might get something high quality cheaply. but i just don't have the connections.

F/X isn't the only way. there HAS to be better, cheaper stuff out there. the only other thing i can think of now is the master replicas stunt helmet. but everywhere i look, they are SOLD OUT!

just gotta keep looking..... Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: