www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Hammer's Horror Flicks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Hammer's Horror Flicks Reply with quote

Well, the folks got me a collection of Hammer films as an early Christmas Gift. Cool! Man, it's been a long time since I had seen many of these and most are well done. The DVD transfer is fine, the sound is good, and the technocolor is great!

One thing about these films, they were made from about 1957 to 1972, from a British film company. The look and feel to these films is unique, and the pace is different than modern action films. Lots of tension and emotion sold through sets, and music. In a lot of ways it's many of these films is not dissimilar to watching theater. Very fun to see an 'update' to the classic Universal Monsters, done with favorites like Peter Cushing, and Christopher Lee.

The FX are dated by todays standards, but I still dig these 'gothic-horror' films. Better than the blood and guts trash thats put out by today's film industry.

There are several sets, and Hammer made a ton of films. Some were great, and others downright awful. Still, fun to watch. Next to sci-fi cheeze from the 50's and the original Universal Monster films from the 30's and 40's, these are my favs from the 50's and 60's. Check them out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: