www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Oven and HIS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Oven and HIS Reply with quote

Wow ok that was differ. Tried the oven today and it did not want to go above 200. So I said ok lets place a sheet of metal under it and see what it does. WOW it got to 395 in like 2 minutes. Bad thing is still did not work. Heat is not even. I am trying one more thing which is moving my elements to make the heat more even. The temp started to drop and the plastic started to sag then all of a sudden stop and went to normal like it got cold soooo. That told me two things. May need to remake the oven to one of yalls with the wire. Or the plastic is not close enough. So I will make some changes and try again. I know it will work just need the oven right. Good thing is the oven has not cost me anything yet. So I may save some cash and build one of them nice ones. (not to say mine is not nice) Oh can some one tell me the temp the oven has to be to get the right sag for .20 HIS??????
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I learned about ovens, if you have uneven heat you can add mass, like a pizza stone, tiles, or a few bricks. Just make sure there it is not glazed and lead free.

It might not work for all ovens here, but it works for cooking ovens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: