www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Low-budget "Studio" Photography tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Low-budget "Studio" Photography tips Reply with quote

This past weekend I experimented around with some low-budget studio photography. I wanted some better pics of my prop collection. I used a Sony DSC-S85, a 4.1 megapixel camera set to 'manual'. I bracketed the shots changing the ISO and shutter. The 'studio' was a sheet of white HIPs and the lights were those $9 kitchen florescent lamps, arranges one on each side of the subject. After the shot, I later went back with Photoshop, made a copy of the background. On the copy I adjusted the 'levels' using the 'white' point eyedroper to sample the shadow areas of the background. Then I used the eraser tool, set to a soft edge brush at 20% pressure to erase the overexposed areas, revealing the image on the underlying layer.

Here are some of the results:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim they look great buddy,very professional!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: