www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
i have a problem of the oven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: i have a problem of the oven Reply with quote

I have a problem with the corners of the oven. when I warm up the plastic the corners do not smooth the sufficient, and if I wait the corners are warmed up, the plastic melts in the center (plastic burn !!what a mess!! Crying or Very sad ) some body have this problem too?

I believe this happens because the walls of my oven are in 90o angle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

The oven heats in two ways. 1. Direct heat radiating from the heater elements, and 2. convection heat. The corners are heated with the convection heat. Convection heat is the movement of hot air around and up the top of the oven. A tapered wall forces the air, much like that of a chimney, to circulate up and around.

The base of my oven is 28 inches, and the top is 24 inches. This taper allows for convection.

Preheat your oven for 20 minutes, then heat your plastic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information i will try preheat the oven but i have another cuestion my oven base is 24 inches, and the top is 24 inches Rolling Eyes (i think i don't follow the instructions very well he he he!! Embarassed ) the preheat can work anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 24 inch base would taper to a 20 inch top. Thats one reason the corners are not hot enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you will need to taper your oven walls.Not a big job,but it will make your usable forming size smaller unless you remake your oven bigger to 28" base.

What is the distance between your heating elements/coils to the plastic?

Jim,do you really have to preheat your oven for 20 mins?

All I do is just turn on the burners full for a minute or two with the lid on,then turn them down half way and place the plastic on top and it only takes a couple of mintues before it's ready to form.

On my set up I have to actually watch the edges as they heat up quicker than the middle Confused Obviously the thicker you go,the longer it takes to heat up.

Just my .02p

-Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooo!! i dont want remake the oven Crying or Very sad maybe i use a heater gun or something to heat the corners because remake is a lot of job

the distance between the heating elements and plastic is about 4.5''
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: