www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Howdy gang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culvan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Howdy gang Reply with quote

I finally joined up. I've been reading the forums here for about a year. I'd like to thank everyone for the great information that's been posted here.

I built a vacuum forming table. It's a Thurston James style. I'd like to thank jemartin144 for the folding design idea. Jim's (TK560)documentation was great it really helped bridge the gaps from the book.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Jirikchi/Vacuum%20Forming/

I'm just using a 6HP shop vac for now. The biggest modification I did was to adapt it for 2 phase power use. I realized that I didn't have any single phase breakers in my house that I could be sure would handle the load. 21 amps on a 25 amp breaker was too close for my comfort. I did the standard TJ coil with the ABCDE taps. I grounded A-C-E then I put one phase on B and the other phase on D. Works great, but I have to unplug my dryer to use it.

Andy
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!

I really like your fold-over design. Give a new meaning to the term flip-flop machine.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time you showed up. I'm only upset that you beat me to building mine. And I had also had figured that I would have to do that same thing with mine. I didn't have one AMP breaker heavy enough.

But good to see you finally here. =) You know I am going to have to stop by so you can show me how your's works. =)
Culvan
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebluecanary wrote:
About time you showed up. I'm only upset that you beat me to building mine. And I had also had figured that I would have to do that same thing with mine. I didn't have one AMP breaker heavy enough.

But good to see you finally here. =) You know I am going to have to stop by so you can show me how your's works. =)

You will have to come here to see it. It's a little too large to travel in my car. Heck your car's called a mini for goodness sake. This thing wouldn't fit into any part of your car. It's nice though because it folds up. When it's folded it's about the same size as my coffee table.

The electrical setup was the only part I really felt I did something new on. I doubt that I did, I just didn't knowingly take the idea from someone else. It's one area I understood pretty well before I started this. Let me know if you need any help with sizing wire gauges or anything else.

Andy
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I will be calling once I finish remoding my kitchen. =) The "almost-wife" has given her OK for me to go crazy in my work room. =)

Culvan wrote:
thebluecanary wrote:

You will have to come here to see it. It's a little too large to travel in my car. Heck your car's called a mini for goodness sake. This thing wouldn't fit into any part of your car. It's nice though because it folds up. When it's folded it's about the same size as my coffee table.

The electrical setup was the only part I really felt I did something new on. I doubt that I did, I just didn't knowingly take the idea from someone else. It's one area I understood pretty well before I started this. Let me know if you need any help with sizing wire gauges or anything else.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: